Regular Clinic Hours
Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 9:00am - 6:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Fax: 408 996 0300
1471 Saratoga Ave., #200
San Jose, CA 95129
Request a Complimentary
Hair Loss Evaluation
Revision Hair Transplant San Jose
You Don’t Have To Be Afraid That Your Hair Transplant Will Look “Pluggy”!
Thankfully with today’s technological surgical advances, surgeries of the past have been perfected resulting in undetectable transplants and new hair.
Causes of Bad Hair Transplant
Prior hair surgery which resulted in a “barbie doll” look can be fixed. The old plugs method is caused by mini-grafts transplant, transferring 15 to 20 grafts at a time. This caused the hair growth pattern to look unnatural. Our specialists can fix these old plugs by thinning out the hair.
Now that hair transplant surgeons can create natural hairlines and undetectable hair transplant results, many patients seek correction for the unnatural procedures of days past.
When considering hair transplant surgery, it is imperative that you carefully research options and select a hair transplant surgeon that has significant experience, as well as a combination of precise technical skill and exceptional artistry.
This is extremely important, since natural hair restoration outcomes are not simply based on how hair follicles are harvested or implanted, but are greatly dependent on the artistic vision of the hair restoration surgeon and how adept he or she is at creating natural-looking results that are appropriate for an individual’s age, gender, ethnicity, stage of hair loss, facial features, head shape and other personal factors.
If you are not satisfied with prior results, Dr. Jane and her Jenesis team have significant experience with corrective hair surgery and can correct hair transplant performed by other facilities that do not live up to expectations.
Any number of variables can result in unsatisfactory results, including:
- Plugs or corn rows
- Overly straight hairlines
- Hairline is too low or in an unnatural position
- Hair growing at wrong angles and directions
- Poor density
- Bad scarring
Revision Hair Transplant Technique
An unsatisfactory hair transplantation result may also simply be the result of poor density with the progression of hair loss. Revision or corrective hair transplant surgery is often more challenging than a standard procedure. Depending on the cause(s) for the poor, unnatural result, corrective hair transplant may include one or several of procedures:
- Removal of hair in wrong positions (replaced further back)
- Removal of large “plugs” (trimmed and replaced further back)
- Follicular unit grafting to blend into unnatural hairlines or hairlines with improper angles and direction
- Follicular unit grafting simply to increase density
- Strip excisions of hair in the wrong positions
- Brow lift to raise a low hairline
- Hairline advancement – possible use of tissue expander –
to bring higher density hairlines forward
- Scalp reductions with grafting at a later date.
During corrective hair transplant surgery, Dr. Jane carefully identifies what is “not working” with the prior hair transplant procedure in order to determine how to best correct the outcome. Below is a brief summary of the corrective hair transplant technique utilized used by Dr. Jane and her team.
- Hairline Design : An artistic eye and extensive experience allow Dr. Jane to design a natural-looking hairline that fits each patient’s stage of hair loss, age, gender, ethnicity, head shape and facial features.
- Harvesting Process : Donor hair is carefully harvested, paying close attention to protecting blood supply and nerves while maximizing harvest yield. Meticulous closure of donor sites minimizes discomfort and improves healing.
- Hair Graft Preparation : Hair grafts are meticulously dissected and prepared for transplant by the same dedicated team that is involved in the entire procedure, resulting in less trauma and more consistency.
- Recipient Site Creation : Recipient sites are chosen with perfect angles, direction, pattern and graft-to-site fit in mind to create the most natural results.
- Hair Graft Placement : Our experienced team expertly places all hair grafts so they are not too deep or too high and to prevent trauma upon placement.
Revision Hair Transplant Recovery
When performed by an expert, hair transplant surgery is very easy for patients to undergo. Compared to other cosmetic surgery procedures, a hair transplant is essentially worry free, and patients may return to their normal schedules within one or two days. Recovery following corrective hair surgery is no different than recovering from any other type of hair transplant.
Why Jenesis for Revision?
Excellence in the Art of Hair Transplant
Why you should expect the best in hair restoration from Jenesis Hair Transplant Center:
- Highly trained and motivated staff specializing only in hair loss treatment and hair transplant.
- Reduced procedures and maximized results with our remarkable NeoGraft hair transplantation technology.
- Relatively mild outpatient procedure that requires just a few hours at our state-of-the-art Jenesis Hair Transplant Center.
- Dedication to an unparalleled level of care and expertise to provide you with a comfortable experience and technically superior results.
A Partnership Between Doctor and Patient
In our practice, we feel that establishing a close relationship between doctor and patient is paramount – one in which there is a constant opportunity for communication.
With modern hair transplantation techniques available today, a significant number of patients can have unsatisfactory hair transplant results corrected and improve the overall look and feel of their existing hair transplant. Patients with older “hair plugs” may particularly benefit from advanced Neograft corrective transplant techniques.
For each patient who comes to us for hair transplantation, our goal is to try and achieve as much naturalness and density as possible. We feel these two goals are best achieved when the plan is individualized for each patient, taking into account characteristics of that patient’s donor hair and the degree or amount of corrective work required.
* All patients are actual patients of our practice who have provided consent to display online. Readers should understand that results do vary and not all individuals achieve the results depicted here.
Request a ComplimentaryHair Loss Evaluation
This website does not contain medical advice and the use of this website does not create a physician/patient relationship between you and Jenesis Hair Transplant Center.
The photographs of models displayed on this web site are for decorative purposes only. See before & after photos for possible results.
Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice. All specials and promotionslimited to stock on hand. Call for current prices.
Medical Marketing & SEO by NKP Medical
© 2019 Jenesis Hair Transplant Center. All Rights Reserved.